[vc_row row_height_percent=”0″ override_padding=”yes” h_padding=”0″ top_padding=”2″ bottom_padding=”2″ overlay_alpha=”50″ gutter_size=”3″ column_width_percent=”100″ shift_y=”0″ z_index=”0″][vc_column column_width_percent=”100″ align_horizontal=”align_center” overlay_alpha=”50″ gutter_size=”3″ medium_width=”0″ mobile_width=”0″ shift_x=”0″ shift_y=”0″ shift_y_down=”0″ z_index=”0″ width=”1/1″][vc_single_image media=”1128″ media_width_percent=”70″ alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row row_height_percent=”0″ overlay_alpha=”50″ gutter_size=”3″ column_width_percent=”100″ shift_y=”0″ z_index=”0″][vc_column column_width_percent=”80″ overlay_alpha=”50″ gutter_size=”3″ medium_width=”0″ mobile_width=”0″ shift_x=”0″ shift_y=”0″ shift_y_down=”0″ z_index=”0″][vc_column_text]LETS means Literature in Trieste. But if we insert an apostrophe it becomes LET’S, a world-wide imperative, an invitation to be engaged. It is an exhortation to enhance one of the great treasures of the city.
Here important pages of Italian and world literature were born and the city continues to play a leading role for the writers and for the readers. It is no coincidence that someone called it “the city of paper”.
Today Trieste is a candidate to join the UNESCO Creative Cities Network. This is a highly prestigious award, but the city must conquer it. And Trieste has all it takes to make it.
To reach this ambitious goal, the Municipality of Trieste has undertaken, as leader, a wide range of original and innovative projects involving a dense network of public and private entities of the territory.
- LETS, the Museum of Literature, an exhibition and educational space, the center of the whole system, currently under construction in the historic site of the Hortis Library.
- LETS Digit, the project that involves the development of the potentiality of digital technologies linked to new ways of using literature, from electronic editions to distance reading.
- LETS Wonder: the first historical archive of children’s books to be created thanks to the rich multilingual heritage of municipal and scholastic libraries, publishing houses, collectors and scholars.
- Cultural Itineraries thematic: an integrated system of cultural information linked to the territory, in synergy with the H2020 CIVITAS PORTIS project, with 7 thematic pedestrian itineraries.
- LETS Print, the Editions: to put texts that have long been out of business into circulation, to make translations that facilitate the various cultural and linguistic components of the city, to grant new authors an editorial platform with a keen eye on culture and quality.
- LETS Grow, part of a project to relaunch the suburbs and improve education in disadvantaged areas using methods that foster participation, inclusion and social cohesion.
This space online is dedicated to all those who love Trieste and its literature and are convinced that the development of the Julian capital goes right through culture, a theme that naturally belongs to it.
LET’S it is an invitation to share this commitment. Share it you too, using these hashtags when you can:#cittàcreativeunesco #creativecities #triestecreativa #LETStart
LETS! Literature in Trieste. Let’s write a new page together. The imperative is participate![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]